Marks Sattin are currently working with a team of accountants in Harrogate who advise a wide range of commercial businesses, private individuals and not-for-profit organisations across Yorkshire and the North East of England.
We are looking for a bright and able individual to join the Harrogate office as an audit senior in the Audit department. Candidates must have a good educational background, with relevant experience.
An audit senior is being sought to join the office in order to provide direct support to the partners and the audit managers. The mix of work in the group is varied and consists of a few hundred clients including limited companies, partnerships, high net worth individuals and trusts.
The successful candidate will be expected to have responsibility for running audits. Preparation of financial statements, forecast models, business plans, reporting on internal controls, financial due diligence and other ad hoc projects will also be required from time to time. The role will include supervising the work of more junior staff and liaising with tax staff, the partners and clients, as necessary.
The role provides a good range of work for someone with solid technical skills and a background of audit work, wishing to build on his or her experience in a fast growing office that will provide opportunities for progression.
In summary, the role can currently be split approximately as follows:
* 60% in-charge role on statutory audits;
* 15% responsibility for preparing financial statements in respect of limited companies, partnerships and trusts;
* 5% preparation of the first draft of the company tax returns for audit assignments;
* 10% training, marketing and other non-chargeable activities;
* 10% ad hoc projects/reports for the client base.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
* Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
* Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
* Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
* Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
* Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm's goals.
* Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
* Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
* Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with partners and clients.
Education and experience
ACA/ACCA qualification or part-qualified with a good exam record.
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.