At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
EMEA VAT Manager
Ingersoll-Rand seeks an EMEA VAT manager based in Brussels. The goal is to provide support to the EMEA VAT Senior manager on all VAT matters. The primary responsibility of this position will be to support with the day-to-day activities as well as the participation in global projects. The manager will work closely with the EMEA VAT Senior Manager but also with the VAT Compliance and technology team members. The role reports to the EMEA VAT Senior Manager based in Brussels.
• Collaborating with the EMEA Senior manager and other VAT team members responsible for compliance and technology on cross-functional projects involving Direct Tax, Transfer pricing, Trade compliance, the business and other corporate functions to address a broad range of VAT matters within the region. This includes effective and practical support for day-to-day queries, and more extensive technical VAT support on company initiatives such as supply chain restructuring, international reorganisations, integration of new business models, etc.
• Support to the VAT compliance team on day-to-day questions relating to the filing of VAT returns, European Sales Listings, Intrastat returns, SAF-T requirements and other real time reporting requirements in EMEA, but also VAT regularisations, VAT refund requests, etc.
• Support with the deployment of a new VAT compliance software for the EMEA region and testing of the solution.
• Support to the technology and compliance team members with the on-boarding of the VAT activities in the central EMEA VAT operations team at each go-live of Oracle R12/Vertex from all legal entities across EMEA
• Advisory support with the review of the VAT determination tool (Vertex) in EMEA, including but not limited to :
o Review and communication of indirect tax requirements
o Validation through the testing cycles of the VAT treatment and the requirements relating to the transaction flows
• Support with the VAT implementation in the Middle East
• Support with the VAT audits within the EMEA region.
• Support the various stakeholders (business finance, Record To Report, internal audit) with the VAT review and technical support of cross-functional projects such as the set-up of an efficient trading platform model, an efficient Procure to Pay function, etc.
• Support with implementation of compliance and process improvement measures throughout the region.
• Monitor legislative, case law, and other changes in VAT guidance or practice, determine the impact to the company and suggesting implementation measures.
• VAT advisory training to the team as required as well as other stakeholders (Record to Report, Order to Cash, etc.)
Experience and skills:
• Degree in law or economics, master level – Preferably with a specialisation in Tax
• A minimum of 6 years of VAT experience - Preferably partially in a Big4 (VAT advisory team) and partially in the industry
• Strong VAT knowledge required
• Experience with VAT compliance matters
• Experience with indirect tax technology
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem solver, result oriented
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.