An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Private Client Tax team of a well-established mid-tier accounting practice in London. Despite its small size, this firm's client base rivals firms of a much greater size and stature, ranging from high-net-worth individuals to large corporates, often with complex international considerations. The firm attributes its success to its ability to build and main long-term relationships, combining the expertise of larger organisations with the approachability of a smaller advisor. The firm plans to someday prove itself a worthy competitor to the world’s biggest accounting firms and has made considerable waves throughout the industry in recent years.
This firm lives by a forward-thinking and people-focused set of values, with honesty and pride and the forefront of their operations. Every individual is given the chance to realise their potential. Career development is tailored to your needs and progression is based on merit, offering a supportive, friendly and challenging work environment.
This is an opportunity for someone with up to a year of tax experience but that can be in expatriate tax, a mix of expatriate and other taxes or indeed for someone looking to ‘switch’ to expatriate from another branch of taxation. The role involves working with a wide variety of clients with a mixture of international and domestic financial affairs. This would suit an ambitious candidate with a desire to further their education with a professional qualification whilst receiving relevant experience and on-the-job training within a top London practice.
• Assisting the Head of Private Clients with running the team from a staffing perspective
• Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice;
• Coaching more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills;
• Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team;
• Advising private clients in connection with their tax affairs;
• Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients;
• Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects;
• Developing new work from existing clients, identifying new opportunities, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use;
• Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments;
• Managing day to day client portfolio including billing, delegation and monitoring work in progress;
• Ensuring that the company’s risks are managed appropriately;
• Developing a network of referrers in order to win additional private client work;
• Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC.
What makes a successful candidate:
• ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
• Capability to work independently, to demonstrate leadership potential and management experience;
• Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services;
• Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff;
• Technically strong – able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients;
• Good client relationship and communication skills;
• Commercially aware;
• A “can do” attitude and willingness to tackle a range of client issues;
• Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines;
• Ability to provide clear and concise advice both orally and in writing.
Apply now through etaxjobs to learn more.