An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Expatriate Tax team of a well-established mid-tier accounting practice in London. Despite its small size, this firm's client base rivals firms of a much greater size and stature, ranging from high-net-worth individuals to large corporates, often with complex international considerations. The firm attributes its success to its ability to build and main long-term relationships, combining the expertise of larger organisations with the approachability of a smaller advisor. The firm plans to someday prove itself a worthy competitor to the world’s biggest accounting firms and has made considerable waves throughout the industry in recent years.
This firm lives by a forward-thinking and people-focused set of values, with honesty and pride and the forefront of their operations. Every individual is given the chance to realise their potential. Career development is tailored to your needs and progression is based on merit, offering a supportive, friendly and challenging work environment.
This is an opportunity for someone with up to a year of tax experience but that can be in expatriate tax, a mix of expatriate and other taxes or indeed for someone looking to ‘switch’ to expatriate from another branch of taxation. The role involves working with a wide variety of clients with a mixture of international and domestic financial affairs. This would suit an ambitious candidate with a desire to further their education with a professional qualification whilst receiving relevant experience and on-the-job training within a top London practice.
• Corresponding with clients, tax authorities and third parties on a daily basis on a wide variety of personal and employment tax matters, as well as Global Mobility
• Technical research, preparing client documents including annual tax returns for clients within an allocated portfolio and ensuring all are compliant with tax regulations
• Monitoring client deadlines and advising on tax payments
• Assisting senior team members with UK and international tax consulting and advisory projects including attending client meetings and conference calls
• Responsible for providing consistent and quality client service which includes maintaining regular client contact such as meetings, emails and telephone liaison
• Being point of contact for queries from other departments within the firm and similarly, referring clients/client matters to other parts of the firm where appropriate
• Ensuring compliance with internal quality control and risk management procedures
What makes a successful candidate:
• Minimum of 2:1 degree classification
• Willingness to undertake a professional qualification; the ATT and, if appropriate, CTA
• Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
• A proactive and analytical approach with a desire to progress in a fast growing and highly successful team
• An interest in business and international issues
• A well-developed sense of client service and quality orientation
• Attention to detail and pride in work produced
• Organisation of personal workload
• Working as part of a team
• A proactive and analytical approach with a desire to progress
Apply now through etaxjobs to learn more.