An exciting opportunity has arisen for a corporate tax accountant with experience of dealing with UK tax issues facing multinationals and strong technical skills. Reporting into the Tax Manager your key responsibilities will include:
• Preparation and initial review of UK corporation tax returns
• Review of UK subsidiaries’ statutory accounts.
• Liaison with HMRC regarding the group’s tax status; this will be in the form of regular written correspondence together with meetings and telephone updates.
• Conducting investigations and responding to HMRC requests for information.
• Assisting in ad-hoc UK tax planning projects.
• Preparation and co-ordination of group tax payments.
• Preparation and review of tax figures for internal budgets and forecasts.
• Review of the group’s internal reporting processes and identifying improvements on co-ordinating and collating tax information for group financial reporting purposes in conjunction with finance teams.
• Providing tax support to the UK business and identifying potential opportunities
• Providing assistance to the UK business on indirect tax matters and liaison with HMRC where appropriate
You will be ACA and / or CTA qualified ideally have at least 1 year’s post qualification experience probably gained at a Big 4 / Top 10 firm. You should also be a self-starter with strong communication skills and good business acumen. A fantastic opportunity to join this thriving business with lots of interesting tax work!
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role.