A Top 10 practice firm are sourcing a Private Client Director to join the growing Private Client team in their Leicester office, to support the development and visibility of the central region of the firm. This is a pivotal role focusing on business growth for the firm and its clients- visibility within the market is an important factor, in addition to creativity and tenacity.
The client base in the Midlands region is diverse and includes high-net-worth individuals, their families, and entrepreneurial businesses. Many clients are within the rural and agricultural sector, specifically landed estate owners involving complex ownership structures. Candidates must have diverse experience to succeed in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
• Building key internal and external networks, developing new work from existing clients, identifying new opportunities, attending meetings and building good working relationships
• Working to enhance your own personal brand, along with the firm's external profile and brand to generate new clients
• Developing trusted relationships with existing clients and advising these clients in connection with their tax affairs
• Leading the team in an inspiring way, providing coaching for more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills
• Working strategically with the private client Partner to grow market presence
• Working on complex technical assignments
• Producing detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice
• Identifying tax planning opportunities and conveying the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects
• Providing an efficient, client focused and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients
• Developing a network of referrers in order to win additional private client work
• Ensuring risk is managed appropriately
• Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC
Successful candidates must demonstrate the following skills, qualities and experience:
• Strong technical tax expertise, and your experience will lie in either the traditional private client/trust arena and/or in advising entrepreneurial private individuals on key strategic tax issues relating to their businesses.
• The team’s client base consists of high net worth individuals, their families, and business interests and the emphasis for the incoming director will be on client relationship management and business development.
• A proven track record of delivering innovative solutions, a strong commercial/business focus and excellent client handling skills together with the ability to lead and develop a team.
• An affinity for relationship management and also for generating new client opportunities.
• ACA qualified, CTA qualified (or experience to demonstrate these).
• Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services.
• Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff.
• Technically strong - able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients.
Apply via etaxjobs now to learn more.