A leading professional services firm is looking for Tax Assistants with experience in Personal Tax compliance to join their successful Tax Centre of Excellence in Glasgow. Working with the TCoE, you will be required to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines, and produce a first-class product for the firm's clients, working closely with the firm's tax professionals across the UK and offshore.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance, including annualised hours and working-from-home arrangements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Review of UK Tax Returns for a broad range of high-net worth individuals, company directors, partners, entrepreneurs and non-UK domiciled individuals
• Preparation/review of rental accounts, self-employed and partnership accounts
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on relevant tax developments
• Preparing client advice
• Day to day contact with HMRC
• Interaction with the firm's Global People Services network
• Being the day to day contact for colleagues in the firm's regional offices
• Management of compliance processes for private clients
• Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
• Some project management
• Delegation of work to, and training of junior staff
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft
• Part-qualified CTA/ATT or appropriate experience
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
• High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Apply now through etaxjobs to learn more.