Our Client - one of the leading Professional Services Firms based in Reading are looking to hire a Manager - Private Client Tax into their team in the South region.
As part of the team you will be working with high net worth individuals – from executives of multi-national firms to professional sportspeople, entertainers and senior members of private equity firms; who may be tax resident in a range of jurisdictions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This is an advisory role requiring a Manager with significant previous private client experience. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
- Managing a portfolio of more complicated clients, including partnerships, and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and particularly identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes;
- Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
- Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
- Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection;
- Overseeing the performance and career development of partly and newly qualified staff.
Qualifications and skills:
- Qualified accountant or tax specialist with experience of working in a similar environment with exposure to varied advisory assignments.
- Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a deep technical understanding of the issues facing private clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and constructively at a variety of levels with clients, their other professional advisors and colleagues.
- A keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs.
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
If you are a highly motivated qualified Accountant (CTA or ACA/ACCA) with relevant experience of working in Private Client tax, then we’d like to hear from you.