Leading Big 4 firm is looking for an ambitious Senior Manager to join a successful market leading Indirect Tax team in Manchester. With an unparalleled client base held by the team, this is a real tangible opportunity to take ownership and create your own business and team within the practice. You will be fully supported by both the North indirect leadership in helping you achieve all your goals.
The role has become available due to market growth and the need for additional resource to take a key role in delivering a strong pipeline of work. Within the North they provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active Tax and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.
Some of the core areas you will work in are: governance, risk and control across the end-to-end processes and departmental interactions; in, co and out sourcing of the reporting and compliance needs; data analytics and management in all its guises; shared services, BPO's and lean processing; and ERP, other accounting information systems, and tax engines.
The candidate will need to have a sound VAT technical base, Duty knowledge would also be advantageous, and be able to demonstrate credible experience in these areas of expertise.
• Previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a 'Big 4' firm or another reputable firm or from within Industry.
• Knowledge of the Indirect Tax market is essential, accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
• Proven work winning experience coupled with strong networking and relationship building skills. This will include marketing both in the external market place and internally across other lines of service.
• The ability to fully take ownership of client relationships and be able to cross sell and network internally to ensure their needs are met.
• Strong interpersonal skills, which will be demonstrated through maintaining and developing key client relationships as well as team leadership roles.
• Strong technical skills coupled with the communication skills to explain complex issues in clear concise way to clients and non-tax colleagues.
• People management skills with proven experience of delegation and project delivery through a team.
• CTA qualified or substantial relevant work experience gained within the Indirect Tax field.
This is a challenging role in an iconic market leading team, which should provide the successful candidate with a great opportunity to display their Indirect Tax and management skills, and allow clear opportunity for career progression and significant development.
For more information, please contact Alin Brekke