Change Public Practice are working with a global Chartered Accountancy firm to assist them expand their corporate tax advisory teams across Scotland. With opportunities across Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen and starting from Consultant right up to Associate Director level, this team is looking to respond to a great number of business wins and expand the team significantly.
This tax team is not like a typical corporate tax team and can offer an extremely varied role and client base. This team brings together a unique blend of consulting, technology, tax technical and tax reporting experience to help businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional tax operations, including compliance, reporting, tax technology and tax risk management. This varied role will give you the opportunity to put your advisory experience into practice and add great value to each client by providing advice on mitigating risks, process improvement and providing solutions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Acting as the main contact for your own client portfolio - building deep trusted client relationships and being responsible for quality, delivery and all aspects of client service on the engagement
· Working with a variety of teams to plan and deliver the entire corporate tax compliance and/or reporting process
· Developing an understanding of your clients’ tax data and technologies, and building your experience of the tax management consulting advisory services, to identify and help deliver improvements to your clients’ tax compliance and reporting processes, technologies and governance
· Using your knowledge of your clients’ businesses to help bring tax advisory solutions - taking a leading role in delivering these advisory projects or managing input from specialist teams (e.g. transfer pricing) as required
· Mentoring more junior members of the team, playing an active role in their development
· Working across a range of industries including Financial Services, Consumer Business, Energy & Resources, Technology, Media and Telecommunications etc.
· Must hold a professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA / ICAS / ATT / CTA etc.
· Ideally will have a minimum of 3 years’ Public Practice experience gained but applications will also be welcome from those with industry exposure who have strong corporate tax advisory experience
· Experience of delivering a portfolio of corporate tax compliance and reporting work
· Ideally have some experience of best practice compliance processes
· Excellent tax technical knowledge and experience of working on tax risk management projects