This multinational industrial group, comprising of five business units, currently employs over 2,500 staff across the UK and achieves revenues of over £870 million. Dedicated to always deliver in challenging environments, they have recently experienced their seventh consecutive year of growth.
As Group Tax Manager, you will be responsible for leading the UK Group tax function. As part of this role you will also manage and oversee international tax projects. Your main objective will be coordinating and supplying highly responsive, professional and proactive tax solutions to the business. Directly reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this varied role offers the opportunity to lead a team of three; consisting of a tax compliance manager, a tax adviser and administrative tax support.
Planning, structuring and strategy
• Advising management on complex transactions, structuring and cross border projects, providing tax and operational efficiencies
• Providing tax input on all special projects
• Working in partnership with the tax department of the European parent company
• Advising on matters pertaining to land transfers, property development and other new business developments
• Providing advice on CT, R&D, PAYE/NI, VAT, CIS and environmental tax matters
• Coordinating the provision of advice from external consultants when required
• Managing the net costs incurred by the tax department
• Ensure that new legislation is appropriately adopted in a timely manner.
Group compliance and reporting
• Ensuring that the Group adheres to changes in UK and overseas tax legislation
• Managing the Group’s relationship with HMRC, preparing and presenting schemes for approval and ensuring prompt and accurate responses are provided to all queries
• Managing direct and indirect tax returns
• Ad-hoc assistance to HR regarding Group Employment Tax queries
• Assisting Group companies in their statutory accounts
• Managing the SAO and CCO processes
• Provide recommendations for improvements to tax related reporting and controls
• Managing the R&D claims made across the Group.
• Experienced UK trained corporate tax expert
• Big 4 background or from a large in-house tax team
• Initiate and drive transformational change
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of key projects
• Experience of stakeholder and client management
• Excellent communicator
• Ability to advise and coach a team.
• Competitive salary package
• Private Medical
• Car allowance
• Exciting working environment
• Contribute to exceptional projects.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partner