This is an exciting opportunity to lead the UK Group tax function, coordinating and supplying highly responsive, professional and proactive tax solutions to the businesses.
The role is split into two main areas:
Group compliance and reporting
• Ensuring that the group is in compliance with UK tax legislation, as well as any other territory the group works within.
• Managing the group’s relationship with the CRM and team of inspectors, preparing and presenting schemes for approval and ensuring prompt and accurate responses are provided to all queries raised to provide certainty on potential exposures
• Ensuring that all direct and indirect tax returns are submitted on time and the correct amount of tax is paid to the tax authorities, minimising at all times the groups exposure to interest and penalties
• Providing assistance to the HR departments in dealing with the tax affairs of the employees, directors and share schemes etc.
• Assisting group companies in their preparation of the reporting to Group, statutory accounts, presentation of tax amounts in those accounts and dealing with queries from the auditors.
• Managing the R&D claims made across the VWUK Group, working directly with project teams on site to ensure that R&D is appropriately identified and reported.
Planning, structuring and strategy
• Leading the team to provide a compliance, tax advisory and planning service for the group.
• Liaison with the tax department of the overseas parent company in relation to cross border trading, transfer pricing and other matters arising, and coordinating all UK issues on behalf of the wider group.
• Providing assistance in all special projects as and when required e.g. transaction work, joint venture structures, contract bidding, M&A, transfer pricing, thin capitalisation
• Advising on matters pertaining to land transfers, property development and other new business developments
• Providing advice on CT, R&D, PAYE/NI, VAT, CIS and environmental tax matters
• Coordinating the provision of advice from external consultants when required
For more information please contact Debbie Hills