This FTSE 250 Group is one of the largest companies of its type in the world. The Group has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1990 and has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years having doubled in size in the past 5 years and operating in over 40 countries.
The role will be based in the corporate head office in London, providing tax support on all issues facing a FTSE listed group operating in over 40 countries. You will be working closely with the Head of Group Tax, acting as a 'second in command' and supporting the wider finance team and will be responsible for managing and coaching junior members of the tax team.
* Supporting the Group Head of Tax with planning and delivery of all aspects of the group and company tax reporting and forecasting
* Manage the delivery of all aspects of UK corporation tax compliance at a company level
* Manage delivery of all aspects of US and Dutch tax compliance at a company level
* Building effective business partnering relationships with key head office functions and finance business division finance teams
* Support business initiatives including mergers and acquisitions and business transformation projects
* Oversight of VAT and employment tax compliance requirements
* Support tax risk management and assurance work as required
* Support the Group Head of Tax on special projects
* Managing and coaching junior members of the team
Experience & Education Requirements:
This is a high profile role within the business so you must be able to communicate with all levels of employees and be confident in your abilities.
The successful candidate will ideally be ACA and/or CTA qualified having trained with a reputable firm and have at last ten years practical experience. You will have a strong UK corporate tax background, and experience of international tax and indirect taxes is desirable.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.