Supporting the Head of Tax and Associate Tax Director, this is a new role responsible for managing our UK tax compliance obligations and coordinating compliance reporting across all overseas jurisdictions in which the group has business activities, including China, Japan, Luxembourg, Norway, Finland Sweden, and the US. The Head of Tax and Associate Tax Director will focus on the advisory work.
* Preparing UK corporate tax returns and notes for local accounts for all UK entities and non-resident landlord tax returns. This will involve liaising with the Group tax team on issues such as group relief.
* Overseeing and monitoring all overseas tax returns for the group that are prepared by third party professional firms.
* Managing tax reporting to funds' investors (including investor K1s, PFIC reporting, CFC reporting, etc). This will involve liaising with finance teams in our local offices and managing the provision of information to third party advisors for preparation of the returns.
* Preparing group year-end tax numbers for entities for the group accounts.
* Managing the annual Country by Country Reporting, Master File and Local file processes. This will require coordination with principal investment finance teams, third party advisors and the Group tax team.
* Monitoring changes to legislation, internal processes, implementation of existing group/fund structures and changes required to keep structures and processes compliant.
Qualifications & background:
* Ideally at least 5 years' experience with an ACA or equivalent qualification (e.g. CTA).
* UK corporate tax compliance preparation experience essential.
* Knowledge of VAT, PAYE and fund investor reporting helpful.
* An ability to take ownership of completing tasks and prioritising these with minimum supervision.
* Good project management skills and confidence to communicate and work with both internal and external parties.
* Good IT and Excel skills required.
* A willingness to learn and be flexible working as part of an established tax team.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.