Thus role will work as part of a newly created team to deliver an 18 month project to provide information and address issues from HMRC investigations of VAT and Employee Expenses transactions for this government department.
A major government department.
Work in a small project team supporting the finance function to gather, assess and document evidence from staff across under the following areas:
* Employee expenses investigation
* Dual work place
* Working lunches
* Salary Sacrifice
* Taxable deductions
* Taxable Benefit
* Pay Settlement Agreements
* VAT investigation
* Section 41 / Section 33 Government tax regimes as well as commercial VAT rules
* VAT under-recovery exercise
* Reviewing financial transactions using Contracted Out Services definitions
* IR35 Intermediaries Legislation compliance
* Gather data and maintain accurate records with a clear audit trail. Sense check and challenge where appropriate.
* Work flexibly to assist the finance function in other priority areas as required.
* Qualified or Part-Qualified in Accounting or Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) or qualified by experience
* Good technical background and understanding of tax
* Excellent Excel skills, including:
* Experience of working with large datasets
* Lookups, pivot tables and macros
* Strong interpersonal and management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to work in a culture of change, and to think strategically about the implications of the work and impacts on other areas
Salary of £30, 000 - £50,000 per annum or £150 - £220 per day (umbrella company basis)