Europe & Asia / International Tax Manager - ICF, London
ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 5,000 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com
Partnering with the Regional Controllers and the Corporate Tax team in the U.S., the Tax Manager will be responsible for acting as the central Point of Contact (“POC”) for regional tax compliance and tax accounting matters, including the UK, Belgium and other regional jurisdictions (as required).
In return for this post, we will provide you with the support and training to further your personal development. We will provide an environment where your intellectual and practical abilities are enhanced in a positive and challenging way. We offer a comprehensive talent development programme and foster a highly skilled, energised and empowered workforce. ICF is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Prepare quarterly income tax provision & related journal entries for ICF’s regional entities, and ensure they are booked correctly on statutory and US GAAP financials;
• Prepare quarterly transfer pricing journal entries for ICF’s regional entities and ensure they are booked correctly on statutory and US GAAP financials;
• Prepare quarterly tax and transfer pricing account reconciliations (including deferred accounts) for ICF’s regional entities;
• Provide support for preparation and maintenance of ICF’s Base Erosion Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) compliance and documentation requirements;
• Provide tax technical support and coordination to regional Contracts teams in the cross-border contract review process including but not limited to:
o treaty analysis (including, inter alia, applicability of cross-border withholding taxes),
o indirect tax implications,
o permanent establishment risks,
o legal entity bidding selection,
o coordination with external tax advisors to obtain quotes for professional service fees, where necessary
• Responsible as liaison with HMRC for tax matters affecting ICF UK entities, including tax return examinations (as applicable) and responding to non-audit inquiries;
• Responsible for active coordination of the regional corporate tax compliance processes for ICF’s regional entities (as needed) for income tax filings, including:
o Coordination with Finance, Payroll, Contracts, etc. for the collection and review of required data (e.g. Tax Packs) for the preparation of annual corporate income tax filings by external advisors;
o Correspondence with external tax advisors throughout the preparation process;
o Coordinating around tax filing deadlines, both internal (July 31) and external (September 30);
o Analyze, identify and track permanent and temporary (timing) differences on a quarterly basis;
o Managing regional estimated (advance) tax payment process, including provision of support for payment estimation, coordination of US/UK Finance teams for timely execution of payments;
• Coordinate with US Treasury Team on all intercompany cross-border cash transfers to ensure they are classified to the proper intercompany accounts. Provide input to intercompany policies and procedures. on related tax requirements
• Assist the US Corporate team with staff vacation cover.
• Provide input on special tax (direct and indirect) projects e.g. restructurings, investigations/audits
• Potentially manage in due course an overseas tax accountant.
• 6-8 years’ experience in relevant tax positions in international multi-site B2B organizations.
• College degree required, preferably in accounting.
• Post graduate qualification is a plus e.g. Masters or Professional accounting qualification
• Chartered Tax Accountant certification preferred
• Big 4 exposure preferred but not essential
• Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to self-review Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of employee and executives.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyse structured and unstructured situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend/implement adaptive strategies.
• Team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment. ‘Prepared to get involved in the detail when necessary’ / ‘Can do’ attitude.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and business stakeholders. Ability to empathise with business operations objectives.
• Ability to work & deliver under time pressure.
• Relationship builder with an emphasis on integrity, evoking rapid trust and confidence in clients, colleagues and team.