Pure Search are working with Ferguson plc, a true market leader and a constituent of the FTSE 100, to appoint a Tax Manager. Based near Reading and reporting into the Director of Tax, this position will play a pivotal role within the Tax team. The role is offering great progression internally and the role is being seen as succession planning for the team.
* Providing accurate and timely tax advice and recommending appropriate tax planning in relation to a range of group wide projects including cross-border financing, foreign exchange, M&A, restructuring, transfer pricing agreements, disputes and IFRS/UK GAAP.
* Monitoring external tax and accounting developments, assessing impact, communicating to senior management and providing advice into lobbying responses.
* Managing the day to day relationship with GOP to ensure appropriate delivery of the Group's outsourced annual tax compliance obligations.
* Reviewing the Group Office UK corporation tax returns and the overall UK Group claims and elevations prepared by the GOP, including group relief, worldwide debt cap/new UK interest restriction rules, capital allowances.
* Assisting with the management of tax audits and maintaining good relationships with HMRC.
* Support in managing the Group's half year and year end IAS 12 tax reporting consolidation process including timetabling, reviewing the market's submissions, managing the Group's effective tax rate.
* Managing the tax input into the group's business planning and forecasting processes including management and analysis of the Group's effective tax rate and cash tax.
* Support in managing the Group's annual country by country reporting compliance obligations.
* Supporting in the global roll out of the Employment Tax, Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing strategies.
The next step:
Please contact Jack Hart at Pure Search to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.