Key role in an in-house tax team in Manchester. Working to a senior manager and a director you will be involved in both compliance management and tax reporting and broader advisory and project work. Day to day your responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of allocated corporation tax computations and calculation of statutory accounts provisions.
• Assist with the management of the corporation tax compliance process.
• Ensure compliance with corporation tax statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in the identification, planning and implementation of direct tax impacts and implications arising from business initiatives
• Review processes to identify opportunities for improved controls, efficiency savings and establish plans to realise benefits.
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with key internal stakeholders
• Plan, control and deliver assigned projects and participate fully in cross-taxation or cross-functional projects.
• Adopt a fully flexible approach to cross team working within Taxation to support colleagues and the business
• Ensure operational controls are effective, operated correctly and that processes and procedures are up to date.
• Supply specialist advice and guidance to support the business corporate tax and business projects, initiatives and opportunities.
Ideally you will be CTA, ACA or ICAS qualified or equivalent. Its likely you will work either for a larger accountancy firm or in-house. Full time or flexible working considered. This is a classic role for someone looking for a first move inhouse from a Top 20 firm. Salary in the range £30,000 to £43,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.