We are partnering with a major client of ours on the appointment of an Indirect Tax Analyst to be based in the Maidenhead office. This role forms part of the regional team that overseas accounting and reporting on all matters relating to indirect tax and is a fantastic opportunity for an Indirect Tax or VAT specialist with minimal experience to further their career by joining a multinational company.
The team's mission is to ensure that a quality, reconciled accounting analysis is available for Indirect tax computations and any financial impacts of external tax audits are minimized and companies Indirect Tax returns are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
As the Indirect Tax Analyst you will take responsibility for major operational and supporting activities with regards to the timely preparation and submission of the EAME countries' VAT returns.
* Ensuring VAT postings are correct (by working closely with the SSC VAT team to identify and correct tax postings errors).
* To assist with responding to queries on VAT accounting.
* Complete master data for new material codes
* Complete relevant forms to ensure that master data set ups for VAT are correct.
* Prepare miscellaneous VAT reconciliations and follow up outstanding items;
* To assist with VAT reports, VAT return submission and analysis as required.
* To assist with the management of the month/quarter/year-end financial close process and dealing with issues as they arise;
* Assisting with Ad Hoc projects or tasks when required
* Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve "adequate" internal and external audit ratings.
* Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines.
The successful candidate will have good experience in VAT/Indirect Tax and either currently working in industry in a large complex business, or in a large professional services firm.