This global brand seeks an experienced excise specialist to join their Indirect Tax team. The role is mainly advisory in nature and the key responsibilities include:
- Providing advisory services on predominantly excise and some Customs including: monitoring legislative developments in relation to excise and customs; reviewing project proposals and contracts to ensure that customs and excise implications are identified and understood; and advising upon asset acquisitions and divestments
- Representing the Company on excise and customs matters including: interactions with HMRC; audits; and at industry technical meetings
- Providing technical support to tax compliance staff
- Supporting the Tax Department in relation to excise and customs implications of new business initiatives and SAP system projects/upgrades
To be eligible for this role, you must:
• Have completed a degree at bachelors or masters level and / or have completed relevant professional qualifications in accounting or tax.
• Have a detailed knowledge of UK excise and European customs legislation.
• Have relevant experience in an excise advisory position, providing guidance to business clients and indirect tax compliance teams.
• Have strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office – including Excel and Word. Experience with SAP is also preferable.
• Have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of working with external parties, including HMRC.
• Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
Please get in contact for further information and a confidential discussion.