Our client is a private, family Group with business activities ranging from agriculture and farming to manufacturing and retail. The business operations have a global footprint, covering countries in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and USA.
Due to the introduction of VAT in the UAE and KSA on 1 January 2018, our client is looking for an immediately available tax professional to join their team in Abu Dhabi on an initial 3-month contract (with scope for extension based on work requirements).
Reporting to the CFO, you will:
- Review the Group operations holistically, assessing the tax exposure and identifying tax risk areas, providing relevant solutions and tax advice accordingly
- Deliver and administer VAT impact assessments
- Manage VAT implementation strategies, executing VAT compliance, planning and internal procedures
- Provide support on all tax compliance, reporting and filing requirements
- Establish appropriate tax systems and processes throughout the Group, including organizational mapping and user training, working closely with IT on appropriate system recommendations
- Provide ad-hoc tax advice as required, such as transfer pricing, bilateral agreements, contract reviews
This is an excellent opportunity for a tax professional who wishes to obtain experience in the UAE and be part of the new and exciting VAT developments in the region.
There is also a potential permanent opportunity upon completion of the interim contract.