Personal Tax Job for a Tax Senior or experienced Tax Assistant, CA Firm, £dependent-on-experience
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be partnered with one of Scotland's leading firms of Chartered Accountants to recruit for a Personal Tax Senior, or an experienced Tax Assistant looking for their next career step. Working with businesses throughout Scotland, they offer Accounts, Audit, Tax, Business Advisory, and Wealth Management Services to a wide variety of clients of all sizes across a range of industries, such as IT and Health Care. An innovative and supportive firm, they offer positive potentials and strategies to clients. Equally, they endeavour to self-improve, for example providing regular staff training and trialling new means of internal operations. Given this, they give financial support to those wishing to undertake additional relevant qualifications. Further to this, as advocates for staff welfare and with a sociable culture, there are several committees which organise semi-regular team and company events, including bowling, crazy golf and meals out. While standard hours are 9am to 5pm, flexible working arrangements are available on a case by case basis to be agreed pre-employment.
Your new role
Working in a Personal Tax team of 8, you will work with a varied portfolio of clients, inclusive of those in the medical industry, from sole traders to partnerships, providing compliance and advisory services. You will:
* Prepare personal and partnership tax returns, including business tax and capital allowances computations, as well as partners' expense claims
* Ensure all compliance deadlines are met and that management are kept informed of work in progress
* Complete capital gains tax computations and advise clients accordingly
* Prepare sole trader income and expenditure accounts, where applicable
* Handle GP annual certificates of pensionable profits
* Have regular client contact over the phone, and off-site and on-site in person to advise on tax, national insurance and NHS superannuation liabilities as appropriate
* Deal with general correspondence, telephone calls, e-mails with clients, H M Revenue & Customs and others
* Provide ad-hoc assistance and mentoring to more junior members of staff from time to time
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful applicant, you will have a proven track record of personal, and business tax and capital allowances computations within a reputable professional services firm. You will be either ATT or CTA part- or fully- qualified with knowledge of Word and Excel, and the ability to time manage. Experience of dealing with medical practitioners and CCH software will enhance your application.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of between £25,000 and £30,000, depending upon experience and present level, in addition to benefits, including pension. Joining a supportive firm you will gain invaluable training and wide Personal (and potentially Corporate) Tax exposure. You will be joining a friendly and stable team made up of various levels of experience who have trained within and outwith the firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Madeleine now on 0131 603 8374. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Refer a tax professional for the chance to win over £100 in retail vouchers.