Personal Tax Job for a Tax Senior or experienced Tax Assistant, CA Firm, £dependent-on-experience
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be partnered with one of Scotland's CA leading firms to recruit for a Personal Tax Senior, or an experienced Tax Assistant looking for their next career step. Working with businesses throughout Scotland, it offers Accounts, Audit, Tax, Business Advisory, and Wealth Management Services to a wide variety of clients of all sizes and remits, such as IT and Health Care. An innovative and supportive firm, they offer positive potentials and strategies to clients. Equally, they endeavour to self-improve by providing regular staff training, offering financial support to those undertaking relevant qualifications and trialling new means of internal operations. As advocates for staff welfare and with a sociable culture, they undertake semi-regular team and company events, including bowling, crazy golf and meals out. While standard hours are 9am to 5pm, flexible working arrangements are available on a case by case basis.
Your new role
Working in a Personal Tax team of 8, you will work with a varied portfolio of clients inclusive of sole traders and partnerships, providing compliance and advisory services. You will:
* Prepare personal and partnership tax returns, including business tax & capital allowances computations, as well as partners' expense claims
* Ensure compliance deadlines are met
* Complete capital gains tax computations and advise clients accordingly
* Prepare sole trader income and expenditure accounts, where applicable
* Handle GP annual certificates of pensionable profits
* Have regular client contact over the phone, and off-site and on-site in person to advise on tax, national insurance and NHS superannuation liabilities as appropriate
* Deal with general correspondence, telephone calls, e-mails with clients, H M Revenue & Customs and others
* Provide ad-hoc assistance and mentoring to more junior members of staff from time to time
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful applicant, you will have a proven track record of personal, and business tax and capital allowances computations within a reputable professional services firm. You will be either ATT or CTA part- or fully- qualified with knowledge of Word and Excel, and the ability to time manage. Experience of dealing with medical practitioners and CCH software will enhance your application.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of between £25,000 and £30,000, depending upon experience and present level, in addition to benefits, including pension. Joining a supportive firm you will gain invaluable training and wide Personal (and potentially Corporate) Tax exposure. You will be joining a friendly and stable team made up of various levels of experience who have trained within and outwith the firm.
What you need to do now
Click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Refer a tax professional for the chance to win over £100 in vouchers.