Change Public Practice are working with a Chartered Accountancy firm on the outskirts of Glasgow City to assist them in the recruitment of a fully qualified and experienced Accountant for a special ad hoc varied accountancy role. This role is an Accounts Manager position with an emphasis on the tax implications to each project.
This is an exciting role for a Qualified (Tax) Accountant who has gained significant experience working with a diverse client portfolio within the profession. This role will involve working with Senior Management in order to shape and assist with further growth of the organisation and will include assisting the Partner with mentoring the junior members of staff. There is also a great scope for future development in the role and would someone ambitious who is looking to progress towards becoming a Partner in the future. This role is not a standard Accountant role and will involve working on a number of ad hoc special projects, which can include some tax advisory work, but also offer the opportunity to supporting the accountancy team with reviewing of accounts for completion.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Providing accountancy service to an exceptionally high standard in order to meet the requirements of the clients and to exceed clients’ expectations
· Responsible for managing ad hoc projects including providing tax advice on various advisory projects to clients
· General accountancy work including accounts preparation through to finalising accounts, reviewing account files, payroll, tax etc.
· Work closely with Management to support and develop Accounts & Audit team including review of work and coaching and mentoring junior staff members
· Work with an attractive client portfolio
· Daily review of issued accounts to ensure that all jobs are completed in line with agreed deadlines
· Responsible for continuous improvement within the function
· Motivating and supporting the team to deliver on deadline and provide an outstanding financial support function to the organisation
· Ideally a fully qualified accountant i.e. ACCA (or equivalent) or Qualified By Experience
· Previous public practice experience would be preferred and exposure of working in a fast-paced environment is highly advantageous
· Must have a mixture of both tax and accounting knowledge and experience
· Must have strong technical accounting skills
· Previous exposure to IRIS, Xero and Sage would be advantageous but not essential
· Experience of supervising a team is highly desirable
This role is a very unique opportunity as there are no defining parameters for the role and will involve elements of both accounts and tax advisory projects. This position is an important appointment for the business to help shape the company for the future and therefore the progression opportunities are limitless within the business. Please contact me to discuss this role further as really is an opportunity not to be missed.