A new role has arisen within the Tax team of a market leading Financial Services firm. This specific team are responsible for undertaking tax analysis, including the interpretation and analysis of tax regulatory and market change while also providing technical guidance, support and direction on tax matters, to the firm and its clients.
Primarily responsible for interpreting tax market changes, researching and monitoring tax treatment attributable to various client entity-types and providing tax technical support to the Business and its clients.
* Review, interpret and disseminate information to business units and clients in relation to relevant tax market changes regarding various transaction tax/withholding tax regimes.
* Consult with business units on development of new and enhanced products and tax related service.
* Identify potential tax risk and develop solutions, policies and procedures that mitigate such risk.
* Review and maintain tax product offering to clients.
* Pro-actively identify tax market changes and recommend alternative practices to the appropriate business units and their related tax functional areas.
* Respond promptly and appropriately to complex queries received from clients and senior management within the business.
* Exceptional self-starting skills, attention to detail and an ability to manage simultaneous activities through to resolution
* Strong Relationship Management skills needed to partner with key stakeholders internally and externally
* Operate independently; displaying in-depth knowledge of business unit and function, and strong tax-technical skill-set to an internal and external audience.
* Ability to partner with others to deliver solutions to the benefit of individual clients and the wider client base.
* Ability to effectively manage expectations with both clients and internal business partners
* Comfortable communicating with management internally and on the client side
* Possesses a strong knowledge of international tax types and other legal and recognised entity structures from a tax technical viewpoint.
* Is able to undertake tax research for new, existing or changing tax regulations; and is able to identify gaps or areas of contention; and present a clear and concise Tax position to management and other interested parties.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.