This global group seeks to appoint a high calibre VAT Manager to join their dynamic VAT team, where VAT is placed high up on the business’s agenda.
The candidate will be responsible for undertaking and managing tasks across all aspects of the VAT affairs of the business, working alongside the wider VAT team. In addition, the candidate will successfully manage, improve and, where possible, seek to automate the process and control environment, which will lead to the accurate and timely completion and submission of the group’s VAT returns.
• Review current processes to identify and address VAT touchpoints
• Assist with VAT errors being identified & rectified and draft the associated error correction notifications
• Advise on the VAT position in respect of new products/promotions and business activities
• Progress and lead VAT projects (for example, new propositions to market) working with the business to ensure VAT is appropriately considered
• Help to review AR & AP processes – in particular automating decision making where possible
• Work with the wider UK and Corporate VAT teams to deliver VAT priorities & help build and drive the VAT strategy
• Provide support in relation to the overall relationship with HMRC
• Assist with HMRC enquiries/audits in an effective and timely manner
• Assist with day to day ad hoc queries from the business
• Manage and review the work of the VAT Accountant in preparing the VAT returns
• Critically assess and, where possible, automate VAT decision making and VAT return processes,
• Ensure the business is compliant with Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) and Criminal Corporate Offence (CCO) rules in relation to VAT – drafting and updating documents as part of the SAO’s annual certification as well as identifying and fulfilling the CCO requirements as it relates to VAT
• Manage VAT processes and controls in relation to SOX to ensure full compliance with no deficiencies
• Assist with ensuring IT systems and associated processes and controls are optimised from a VAT reporting perspective
To apply you will need:
* CIOT or accounting qualifications (e.g. ACA) and up to date technical knowledge.
* A strong VAT technical person with an ability to be logical and work through problems. Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail. * * * Ability to consider and implement process improvements
* Ability to lead and manage projects, deliver results and meet deadlines. Problem solver, highly motivated, energetic and hard worker
* Ability to recognise VAT complex issues and distil them into implications and messages to the business
* The individual should have good and growing knowledge of UK and EU case law and legislation
* Ideally have strong VAT experience in the issues faced by a telecommunications business (or similar TMT/retail sector), with a particular focus on the B2C environment and process and controls
Please get in contact for a confidential discussion about the role and to see a full job description.