Corporate Tax Advisor responsible for the Corporate Tax affairs of the group. Includes planning & compliance.
Your new company
Global law firm with operations across multiple jurisdictions.
Your new role
* Responsible for UK tax compliance of the LLP, including Corporate Tax, VAT, PAYE and the annual settlement agreement.
* Input into employer/employee tax compliance issues relating to staff moving between UK and international offices of the group and member firms.
* To be aware of and responsive to risk management issues (conflicts, client checks, money laundering, establishing terms and conditions).
* To display good working knowledge of pricing/profitability issues and well aware of the financial strategies and targets of the LLP.
* Tax reconciliation calculations for the group and its overseas entities as well as calculating any tax charges or deferred tax assets to be included in the LLP accounts as appropriate.
* Preparing the annual CT computation for the service company and any other UK corporate entities and submitting as iXBRL for efiling.
* Agreeing with the auditors the corporate tax disclosures to be included in the annual consolidated LLP accounts
* Submitting the CT computations and CT return to HMRC and dealing with any enquiries or other notices
* Annual PAYE matters such as the PAYE Settlement Agreement
* Assisting with any queries arising from PAYE audits
* Preparing the LLP tax computation and the allocation of tax-adjusted profits as between the partners.
* Providing the Partnership Tax team with taxable profit figures for inclusion in individual partner returns and for calculating the individual tax provisions.
* Agreeing with Partnership Tax team and the auditors, the UK partners' tax annual provisions and the associated disclosures to be included in the LLP accounts.
* Submitting the LLP's annual tax return and computations to HMRC and dealing with the firm's Client Relationship Manager in relation to any risk assessments or enquiries.
* Working with the Finance team with respect to accounts preparation and disclosures with potential tax impact as well as cash flow forecasting for tax payment outflows.
* Reviewing the quarterly VAT returns.
* Dealing with day-to-day VAT compliance issues and ledger posting enquiries.
* Dealing with VAT planning issues and queries arising from HMRC inspections.
* Advise management on impact of legislation or case law changes affecting VAT matters of the firm.
* Liaising with CEE Finance teams regarding international planning for VAT and the equivalent overseas charge.
* Ensuring inter-office billing is in line with firm compliance requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
* Detailed knowledge and experience of the UK tax system is required.
* Preferably Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
* Proficient in MS Office applications (minimum of Excel and Word)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels.
* Confident professional manner
* Strong analytical skills
* Demonstrates a high level of (legal and) technical knowledge and expertise; together with expanding peripheral knowledge and expertise.
* Grasps, retains and analyses complex information and concepts; great attention to detail.
* Ability to show initiative and good judgement, functioning well under pressure, able to switch gears on a moment's notice and ability to concentrate in an environment of multiple demands and distractions.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and perform accurately under time pressures and constraints.
* Plans, organises and prioritises very well; works to given timeframes; responds promptly to administrative tasks.
* Identifies issues, risks and conflicts at an early stage, seeking assistance as necessary.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work on a wide variety of tax issues with a strong mix of compliance and advisory, project and planning work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.