Great opportunity to work for a leading insurance business. Based in Central London paying up to £60k
Your new company
Global insurance and re-insurance specialist
Your new role
Working alongside the Head of Tax you will be responsible for managing the indirect tax affairs for the UK and European arm of the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Provision of technical advice to all areas of the group, particularly in respect of VAT;
* Preparation of VAT returns for review by Head of Taxation;
* Review of transaction documentation to mitigate the groups tax risk and ensure compliance with tax regulations;
* Assist the Head of Taxation with identification and implementation of new tax legislation that impacts the group;
* Support the Head of Taxation in handling European tax issues that affect the Continental offices;
* Support for the Finance Department during busy times in reporting (normally at quarter end).
* Assist Head of Taxation in ensuring that the group is compliant with VAT and UK taxation;
* Assist Head of Taxation in ensuring that HO tax policies are followed.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience in preparation of VAT returns
* Advanced Spreadsheet skills
* Good understanding of tax concepts
* Strong numerical analysis and data interpretation
* Keen interest in maintaining knowledge of tax legislation changes
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in an leading, meritocratic environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.