Customs Duty lead for a top FTSE listed group based in the West Midlands. A mixture of strategic planning, day-to-day advisory services and oversight of compliance.
Our client is a leading corporate with an internally recognisable brand. They are now looking to hire a new Customs Duty & Excise Manager to be based in their West Midlands office. The role will cover an UK remit, coordinating and managing a team of Customs specialists. This is an ideal role for either an experienced in-house specialist or a Manager/Senior Manager looking to make their first move in-house.
* Act as the principal subject matter expert on all Customs Duty and Excise issues across the group's UK operations.
* Ensure Customs Duty is accurately applied in all transactions involving multiple business units.
* Identify and implement Customs Duty saving initiatives.
* Represent the business externally, working collaboratively on engagements and negotiations with government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
* Ensure operational effectiveness and continuously improve the integrity of systems and controls.
* Work with senior business stakeholders on Customs Duty initiatives.
* Act as a proactive member of the Tax team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Minimum 5+ years experience in Customs Duty, though more senior candidates will also be suitable.
* Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion