Marks Sattin are currently working with an expanding Top 10 Audit team who are looking to recruit an Audit Senior on a full or part time basis.
Working as part of the audit team you will be responsible for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure all audits are of high quality.
* Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
* Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients' premises.
* Identifies risk matters and raising with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
* Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
* Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
* Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
* Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
* Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
* Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
* Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
* Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
* Educated up to degree level or CTS.
* Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
* Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
* Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
* Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
* Some experience auditing international groups.