In-House UK Transactional/M&A Tax Advisor (3-4 years’ experience) – US Headquartered Group – City of London - £65,000 - £90,000 plus benefits and bonus – Exclusive/Retained Search role
Looking for a pure Advisory role… zero/zilch/nada compliance…….?! I
How about a pure Transactional Tax/Advisory role with a fast-growing US Headquartered Group? Look no further, this group have one of 2017’s rare non-compliance roles (in-house) at this grade.
Current/required position skills
- You will have circa 3-5 years UK transactional tax experience
- Currently in a Top Tier Accounting or Law Firm looking to make your first move to an Industry role
- Experience specialising in advice of a transactional/deal/M&A nature and in depth understanding of tax due diligence, tax structuring, project management and administration of these types of engagements
- Technical ability and know-how in the analysis of financial due diligence documentation
- Advising on M&A/Warranty & Indemnity matters in conjunction with advisor’s, third parties, clients and in-house legal and accounting team
- Analysing tax apportionment risk in complex transactions
- Due diligence related thereto
- Reviewing documents in relation to tax and accounting
- Instructing and co-ordinating advice from external advisers
- Participating in client telephone and in-person communication as part of a joined up global team
- Maintaining internal record keeping, policies and risk assessments
- Fit, commerciality and a team approach is critical in this role
- Ability to articulate complex concepts eloquently
- Being able to pick up the phone, manage multiple stakeholders and reduce a transaction and it’s dimensions to clear decision making.
- Networking – tax should be fun not back office!
- A relatively flat, non-bureaucratic structure but tempered by a huge career opportunity for the successful candidate – you can choose the direction of this role within reason
- The London office is growing more rapidly and is increasingly the global engine room of this globally focused Group
- The London office has a number of lawyers and accountants within (higher headcount than the ‘business’) so the culture is not too far removed from some professional services firms – in that sense lawyers and accountants are not hidden, but they are the enablers, they are driving the business which is unique for an In-House role
Compensation and Benefits
Very attractive base salary, expect a good bump-up from your present (within reason!) – circa £65,000 - £90,000 plus benefits and bonus (the latter would, provided all is going well be much higher than most professional services firms).
Cain Dwyer have been exclusively retained and mandated for this role so the role won’t be on the open/scrambling, 101 recruiter’s all trying to fill one role market!
First stage interviews: weeks beginning 18th and 25th September
Second stage interviews: weeks beginning 2nd and 9th October
Contact Matthew Dwyer at Cain Dwyer for a discreet/P&C conversation to see if this role fits with your career…
Telephone: 01737 910 633
“Cain Dwyer quite simply know the tax market better than any other recruitment firm we’ve ever interacted with.” Global Head of Tax, International Law Firm