Transfer Pricing is an increasingly important issue for the Bank in the light of OECD announcements on BEPS, growth in its international business and as it transitions to a global booking hub model.
The role is to manage as appropriate the design, review and implementation of Transfer Pricing policies, including reviewing the output of those policies and methods, within the context of the Group's overall Transfer Pricing approach. The role has a particular focus on the European and Middle East region (EMEA).
* Manage ad hoc Transfer Pricing queries and assist business, finance and EMEA tax teams with Transfer Pricing data requests and compliance
* Produce Transfer Pricing documentation for EMEA in line with BEPS action 13
* Assist in managing and developing policies
* Document policies, at both an EMEA regional and global level
* Work closely with the Transfer Pricing Centre of Excellence in India to recommend procedures and practices regarding the pricing of intra-group transactions, as well as monitoring the implementation of Group Transfer Pricing policies
* Provide support to EMEA entities undergoing tax audits and regulatory queries relating to Transfer Pricing matters
* Identify, document and review intra-group transactions and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate Transfer Pricing risk.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
* Professional qualification (Accountant/Lawyer/CTA) or relevant economic qualification
* Transfer Pricing professional having 3-4 years post qualification experience (preferably with Financial Services experience) with a good knowledge of Finance.
* A good general knowledge of direct and indirect tax issues affecting Transfer Pricing would be helpful.
* Highly effective communication and presentation skills - this role will involve significant face time with the business and finance functions and needs to be confident and credible in front of them.
* Excellent written communication skills - this role will be responsible for developing Transfer Pricing documentation.
* Strong analytical, organisational and time management skills.
* Collaborative working style coupled with results-orientated focus.