This is a multi award winning accountancy and business advisory firm who are a leader in their field, not only nationwide but across the globe. Their culture and vision mean they are a genuinely great business to be a part of and they are looking to grow their team as a result of continued success.
The firm are actively seeking a Personal Tax Manager to join their extremely talented tax team. This is a very unique role which is offering a great chance to gain exposure with ultra high net worth clients and to develop essential experience which would be invaluable for someone looking to progress to Director or Partnership in the future.
* Demonstrating sufficient leadership skills to manage a team responsible for producing tax returns to agreed service standard and be able to work effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development.
* Review and supervise complex work and be able to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both proactively and reactively.
* You'll be actively involved in department and team meetings driving efficiencies proactively taking responsibility in the wider success of the team.
* Developing an internal network and building a detailed understanding of client expectations delivering excellent client service within the team.
* Showing a strong understanding of the full range of the firm's services to identify new Tax Planning/Advisory opportunities and be able to cross-sell accordingly.
What they are looking for
- You'll have a genuine interest the firm's clients which are diverse and definitely interesting.
- Have a passion for what you do and understand that it matters - as an organisation they want to be known for how they do business, not simply what they do.
- Seize opportunities - this is a firm that look to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions, to optimise growth in ways that no other firms do
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight as be a key member of the team driving ideas
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, CTA and/or ATT qualified or equivalent. Previous experience and significant understanding of tax compliance is essential, as well as being able to maintain in depth and up to date knowledge of taxation. Experience in staff management/supervisory is also essential, alongside running appraisals. This is a very progressive role therefore the want to gain exposure in business development is desirable (this can open doors to director/partner level).