Our client is the UK arm of an international business and this role is based in Bradford. The successful candidate will be responsible for the on going management of the submission of VAT returns, VAT compliance and reporting. Alongside this you will also undertake project work and oversee the work of the VAT Accountant. Your main responsibilties will be as follows:
• Reviewing current processes to identify and address VAT touchpoints
• Assisting with VAT errors being identified & rectified and drafting the associated error correction notifications
• Advising on the VAT position in respect of new products/promotions and business activities
• Working collaboratively with the wider UK VAT team and the global VAT team
• Leading VAT projects and working with the businesses to ensure VAT is appropriately considered
• Helping to review AR & AP processes – in particular automating decision making where possible
• Building and driving the VAT strategy
• Providing support in relation to the overall relationship with HMRC and assisting with HMRC enquiries and audits.
• Managing and reviewing the work of the VAT Accountant in preparing the VAT returns
• Ensuring compliance with Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) and Criminal Corporate Offence (CCO) rules in relation to VAT and drafting and updating documents as part of the SAO’s annual certification as well as identifying and fulfilling the CCO requirements as it relates to VAT
• Managing VAT processes and controls in relation to SOX to ensure full compliance
• Assisting with ensuring IT systems and associated processes and controls are optimised from a VAT reporting perspective
You must have a minimum of 5 years' UK VAT experience and you will ideally have a recognised professional qualification such as AIIT, CTA or ACA. You must be able to lead and manage projects and meet tight deadlines.