Corporate Tax Manager job with Top 10 firm in Cambridge. Newly created and unique role.
Hays are recruiting a Corporate Tax Manager or Senior Manager for a top 10 firm in Cambridge.
The tax team of this leading firm work to help businesses of every size grow in this complex tax environment. You will join a team of specialists working in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues.
Your work embraces everything from negotiating with tax authorities to providing advice tailored to your client's unique circumstances.
* You will spend a reasonable proportion of your time focused on the development of tax due diligence opportunities, be that buy side or sell side (vendor due diligence or vendor assist) working closely with the advisory directors leading this business across the region
* You will be responsible for delivering the corporation tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically VAT and employment taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered
* You will be focused on developing opportunities on the back of issues identified through the due diligence process, again working closely with the advisory director and tax partner/director leading each assignment
* You will more broadly, demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
* You will write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
* You will lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely appraisals.
To be successful with this unique and exciting role, you will be professionally qualified, or qualified by experience and be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues. You will also have a proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities. You will demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the region.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.