The scope of this position will include:
* Proactively advise and support the Business and Group Tax team on all indirect taxation matters.
* Prepare and perform a first level review of the quarterly UK VAT tax returns and Annual adjustment.
* Manage the Group's PESM, as required.
* Manage the Group's relationship with HMRC in relation to all VAT matters in conjunction with the UK Head of Tax and Group Head of Tax.
* Manage the preparation of, and where necessary prepare, the rest of the world indirect tax returns.
* Identify and ensure that legislative changes are reviewed and adopted as appropriate in a timely manner. Implement systems changes if necessary.
* Work with and where required provide training to the Finance operations team to ensure a strong control environment persists with well mapped out, and monitored, processes that drive core outputs.
* As necessary review the overall management of global tax compliance processes.
* Assist in the development and implementation of global tax policies, standards and templates to ensure consistency of good practice and compliance with relevant UK and local law and regulation