My client are a market leading investment bank that are looking for a exceptional high performance tax professional to lead their team in London. The complexity of issues, pace of change and importance of tax within the banks strategic vision make this a unique opportunity within the industry. The Ideal candidate will have great leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills intertwined with excellent technical abilities
• Build relationships with key stakeholders across the bank (Finance, Treasury, Business teams). Be an ambassador for the Tax team; explain tax in simple terms, understand the economics and priorities of different businesses, and identify opportunities for tax to contribute to business plans.
• Drive process and technology simplification and improvement across the team
• Responsibility for managing more junior team members delegating effectively and demonstrating appropriate oversight of their work.
• Delivery of all internal and external reporting in respect of tax including:
- Year end and quarter end financial statements
- Management and regulator driven plans and stress tests
- Country by country reporting
- Citizenship reports
• Management of the outsourcing of the tax compliance process
• Delivery of ad hoc projects – transactions, planning, HMRC resolution etc.
This individual could find themselves on directorship in 12 - 18 months if they perform well in this role and therefore offers unrivaled growth potential coupled with a highly competitive salary. For more information please contact Chris Purwin