Group Tax Manager
£Highly competitive + company car + benefits
Our client is one of Scotland's most successful privately owned businesses with an enviable reputation in their industry. Due to the continued evolution of the group finance function a new role of Tax Manager has been created. This represents an excellent opportunity for a qualified tax specialist looking to work across all aspects of tax within a large corporate environment.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Corporation tax compliance for the UK group, including liaison with external advisers as required
- IFRS tax accounting and reporting including external year end and interim reporting, budgeting, subsidiary statutory accounts and quarterly instalments
- Management of taxation processes and controls to support Senior Accounting Officer in their role
- Expectation to take the lead role on tax projects which arise in the group environment. Such work may include capital allowances, VAT advisory and compliance, PAYE advisory and compliance, acquisitions and disposals, property transactions, research and development, and transfer pricing.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Candidates will ideally be qualified accountants (CA/ACCA or equivalent) and/or have a Tax qualification (ATT/CTA or equivalent)
- Experience of tax accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Excellent Excel skills
- An excellent communicator who can make the complex simple
- Ability to work effectively as part of the wider Group accounts team
- Can demonstrate innovation in approach, with rapid response where required.
What’s on offer
Competitive salary, fully expensed company car, stakeholder pension + death in service benefit. Private healthcare after qualifying period. 22 days holiday + stats, 37.5 hour working week, flexi-time. Salary sacrifice benefits on offer.