Private Equity Funds Tax Managers
Simpson Booth are representing a leading big 4 Professional Services firm who are seeking a Manager to join the Private Equity funds tax team.
The Private Equity funds tax team provides a range of different tax services to fund vehicles and management entities above the portfolio company level. This includes tax compliance and tax reporting work for these entities, fund structuring and ad hoc advisory work for a range of mainly middle market private equity funds.
The work requires a broad range of skills to look after investment partnerships, investment companies, executives’ personal tax compliance and trading entities. Previous Private Equity experience is preferred but other relevant investment business experience will be considered. On the job training in relation to specific private equity structures and key technical issues will be provided if required to the successful candidate.
You will have an opportunity to broaden your knowledge of the private equity industry, types of common fund structures, and the way different entities in these structures are taxed; increasing your experience of corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax and possibly VAT and overseas tax regimes while working in a specialist business area.
At the manager level, you will mainly be responsible for managing the tax compliance process, as well as answering various ad hoc advisory queries from your allocated portfolio of clients.
You will be allocated a portfolio of clients and you will be required to manage the delivery of tax compliance and other tax services on these clients. You will be responsible for:
- Instructing and supporting the assistant managers with respect to the tax compliance process.
- Performing manager reviews of tax computations, assisting with more technical issues and providing input into pieces of tax advisory work.
- Co-ordinating other colleagues in different specialist areas and overseas offices for larger pieces of advisory work or technical research on your portfolio of clients.
- Assisting the senior managers with technical research, proposals and business development work.
- Ensuring that the risk management process is complete for your allocated clients, and managing fees and costs.
You are likely to be a senior assistant manager or a new / experienced manager who is looking to move to a specialised team. You should have relevant experience (e.g. investment businesses, partnerships, or private equity).
You should have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Your work should be of high quality with minimal amendments.
- Attention to detail. You should be able to provide a valuable review layer between assistant manager and senior manager.
- Technical excellence, communicating technical issues clearly to both clients and team members.
- Ability to build client relationships, and demonstrate you are a vital member of client’s team of advisors.
- Experience of managing people and the delivery of compliance and advisory projects.
- An ability to work as part of a team and be responsible for yours and your team’s work to ensure deadlines are met.
Qualified CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent.