Based in Newcastle, my client are a market leader in the sector, and is looking to appoint a Tax Accountant. This role will report into one of the most engaging and charismatic Head of Tax's in the market. You will be involved with all direct tax matters within the region from tax accounting, and compliance.
The work undertaken by the department is both technically and organisationally challenging, requires an attention to detail and drive for results, you will be working within a high performing team within a global organisation.
Principal Accountabilities are:
* To ensure all corporate tax returns are filled on time
* To ensure relevant claims and group relief claims submitted to HMRC
* Responsible for providing tax calculations for inclusion in the statutory financial statements
* Prepare all corporate tax returns on Alpha Tax ready for review by the Tax Manager/Head of Tax
* Submission of all CT returns to HMRC
* Responsible for all tax accounting for the group of companies
* Assist the Tax Manager/Head of Tax on adhoc projects or whenever the need arises
* Detailed knowledge of corporate tax
* Knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, FRS102
* Experience of VAT, PAYE, CIS would be advantageous