My client is a FTSE 100 consumer business looking to hire a Direct Tax Analyst to join their tax function, based in Central London.
* Prepare tax figures and disclosures for inclusion in the Group consolidated and Group companies' statutory accounts and other financial documents. This includes taking ownership of all of the models and systems to support each of the figures, liaising with colleagues in Group Finance and the external auditors and ensuring that all work is completed to an agreed timetable.
* Prepare a number of UK corporation tax computations and returns, and supporting calculations and schedules. This includes liaising with colleagues in Group Finance and with external tax advisors and ensuring that the tax returns are completed and submitted to HMRC in line with an agreed timetable.
* Prepare forecast tax figures, including tax rate and deferred tax balances, for inclusion within the annual budget, and 5 year Corporate Plan, including ownership of all of the models and systems to support each of the balances.
* Calculate corporation tax quarterly instalment payments.
* Support the Head of Tax in providing in-house tax support on corporate projects and initiatives, including obtaining and implementing external tax advice.
* Liaising with external advisors providing support on capital allowances and R&D tax relief claims.
* Manage the agreed budget for external tax advice.
* Assist with HMRC enquiries.
* Highlight, on a timely basis, direct tax issues emerging from changing legislation and circumstances of the group
* Degree level education
* Qualified Chartered Accountant or a member of Chartered Institute of Taxation
* Preferably Big 4 qualified and/or relevant industry experience
For further information on the role, please contact Phil Smyth