Greenfield operational advisory role with a global blue-chip corporate.
Our client is market leading blue-chip conglomerate with a broad range of business operations in the UK and EMEA region. Due to continued sales growth, the Head of ax has created a new VAT Director position to further supplement a sizeable Indirect Tax function. The role will focus on operational VAT responsibilities, including oversight of Indirect Tax compliance, processes, tax systems and risk analysis. The role will be supported with one direct report.
This is an ideal role for candidates with strong background indirect tax systems, process change and compliance oversight. Candidates from a technical business advisory background will be considered if they are comfortable focusing on more operational advisory projects.
* Assess current Indirect Tax control framework, and devise and implement improvements across globally.
* Identify opportunities, and support and implement tax driven initiatives, both new tax requirements (e.g. due to legislative change) or internal efficiency changes.
* Work with the internal technology teams to help refine the organisation's tax systems. This will include defining requirements, testing and upgrading systems to set budgets and time frames.
* Design and develop reports and analyse tax data as required helping to formulate strategy and provide insight into the underlying data.
* Manage an experienced Tax specialist, ensuring continued motivation, technical development and effective management of staff.
* Refine and implement a 'best practice' group compliance policy.
* Advise business units on international Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all transactions.
* Act as a key member of the Tax leadership team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Prior tax leadership and team management experience is preferred.
* Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion