As Tax Manager you would be supporting the Head of Tax Reporting, Risk and Compliance in key areas like:
* Leading the reporting and forecasting of taxes across the Group in particular:
* Ensuring the Group is compliant with the International Accounting Standard for Tax (IAS12) and appropriate and accurate tax disclosures are internally and externally;
* Ensuring Group Tax policies and processes are properly implemented and consistently applied
* Streamling reporting and forecasting processes across the Group and to maximise efficiencies
* Implementing and maintaining the global tax risk framework and supporting governance and reporting requirements
* Overseeing UK tax returns (outsourced) and supporting relationship with HMRC (including all HMRC correspondence)
* Advising on international tax issues and ensuring maximum tax efficiency across the Group
The successful candidate would be expected to:
* Work with a very high degree of independence and to act with initiative, under the overall supervision of the Head of Group Tax Reporting, Risk and Compliance
* Exercise sound judgment.
* Demonstrate credibility in dealing with a range of business colleagues and external bodies (e.g. external auditors).
Key Requirements include:
* Qualified tax professional (preferably Chartered Accountant and Chartered Institute of Taxation or equivalent).
* Specialist knowledge and experience in IFRS tax reporting.
* Specialist tax experience in financial services preferred.
* Experience with bank levy will be an advantage.
* Experience in managing process change.
* Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and project management skills.
* Commercial awareness and sound judgment.