Based in Canary Wharf, the Tax Ops - AVP will report into the Director of Operational Taxes.
The role is with the operational taxes team which has responsibility for the oversight of operational taxes and provision of operational taxes advisory support across the banks businesses.
The successful candidate will advise on operational taxes requirements arising from the firms structural reform plans and will support implementation within the business.
* Provision of operational taxes advice and support on structural reform plans and transactions
* Coordination, tracking and communicating business change requirements in relation to operational taxes arising from structural reform implementation
* Identification, mitigation and appropriate monitoring of operational taxes risk in respect of the above
* ACA/CTA qualified
o Good working knowledge of operational taxes; or
o Proven ability in management of regulatory reporting processes or regulatory change projects or experience in a risk and controls role
* Strong project management skills and an understanding of banking systems/financial services products is desirable
* Self-starter, high level of enthusiasm and a strong commitment to deliver
* Strong commercial awareness and pragmatic approach to problem solving
* Attention to detail and confidence in analysing complex data, but able to see the bigger picture
* Ability to distil tax technical analysis to articulate process and controls requirements for non-tax specialists
* Organised individual with ability to assume responsibility and deliver projects
* Able to build and nurture close working relationships with colleagues across the group
* Proven ability in managing junior staff
* Able to deal with multiple demands in a fast-paced and dynamic environment