The International Tax Director acts as a representative of the Tax Centre of Excellence on all tax functional areas for the assigned region (UK, Italy, Algeria, Pakistan & Bangladesh) in relation to advanced corporate income taxes, all withholding taxes, VAT (and similar indirect taxes, including SIM-taxes), custom duties and wage tax.
The International Tax Director advises the regional businesses and markets on tax related matters with a balanced approach to tax planning complying with tax laws and regulations. They will also be responsible for developing and reviewing the regional tax strategy and safeguarding the tax position of the group.
▪ As a member of the Tax Centre of Excellence, the International Tax Director provides input and support to all global tax initiatives.
▪ Provides high quality tax expertise to regional in-house tax managers including permanent education and support regarding international tax issues and developments.
▪ Monitoring the activities of regional in-house tax managers ensuring compliance to (international) tax laws and regulations as well as to the internal Code of Conduct.
▪ Initiate, review, support, monitor, pre-approve and/or execute regional tax planning initiatives, tax litigation and M&A activity.
▪ Oversee, undertake and arrange (external) Regional Corporate Income Tax Compliance.
▪ Provide support to the Senior Manager Tax Accounting & Assurance in executing all SOX testing as well as similar testing processes of the region.
▪ At each Q-2 and Q-4 closing prepare and review the Uncertain Tax Positions (UTP-memo's) of the region.
▪ Provide support to the Senior Manager Tax Accounting & Assurance in preparing and analysing the Country-by-Country reporting for the region.
▪ Provide support to the Senior Manager Transfer Pricing in assisting the Region with correct implementation and maintain of transfer pricing guidelines.
▪ Accounting (Master or MBA) and /or (tax) lax degree (LLM or similar)
▪ A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience obtained in professional services and/or a MNC environment
▪ Hands on experience in international tax planning, tax audits, tax accounting
▪ Good understanding of EU and OECD principals, including BEPS and relevant topics
▪ Hands-on approach to complex projects
▪ Excellent communication and international abilities
▪ Team player and customer oriented
▪ Strong analytical, organisational and synthetizing skills
▪ Rigorous, strong attention to detail
▪ Good working knowledge of MS Office
▪ Fluent in English
▪ No in depth knowledge of the local languages and/or current tax laws of Algeria, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Italy is required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.