This is initially a 6 months FTC with possibility of extension. You will ensure, as part of the tax team, that the Group complies with its statutory tax and financial reporting obligations and that value is created in a sustainable way.
* Compliance with the Group's UK corporation tax obligations (e.g. preparation and review of tax returns, calculation of quarterly instalment payments)
* Management of advisers in relation to capital allowances and R&D claims
* Preparing tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in the Group's statutory accounts, management accounts and budgets.
* Compliance with the senior accounting officer requirements.
* Transfer pricing compliance.
* Communicating with HMRC on a range of issues including preparation of responses to questions from HMRC.
* Assistance with the active management of disputes and litigation with HMRC.
* Monitoring and managing tax risks in the overseas group.
* Proactively identifying/appraising tax issues and opportunities including preparation of any necessary board/director recommendation or approval papers.
* Providing practical and timely advice to the commercial teams on the tax impact of specific business transactions (e.g. acquisitions/disposals, property acquisitions/disposals, overseas expansion).
* Maintaining excellent communications with the rest of the Business.
* Very good knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation.
* Good knowledge of UK SDLT, Stamp duty and employer taxes
* Good knowledge of key overseas tax issues affecting a UK multinational operating overseas.
* Statutory and regulatory financial reporting.
* ACA/ATII qualified or equivalent experience.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.