The role combines a focus on UK corporate tax compliance and reporting together with opportunities for international tax advisory work. It is expected that for the UK corporation tax work the successful candidate will have the experience to work autonomously with only minimal guidance. You will continue to build strong relationships with the Finance Directors of the Group's UK trading as well as international subsidiaries.
* UK tax returns for approximately 25 entities
* Quarterly UK group CT instalment payments.
* Senior Accounting Officer - supporting documentation for the annual SAO sign-off.
* PAYE Settlement Agreements.
Provide support to the Head of Tax on:
* Year-end and half-year reporting (including annual CFC reviews).
* Acquisition tax due diligence and structuring together with post-acquisition integration.
* Implementing tax mitigation opportunities.
* Business restructuring and legal entity reorganisations.
* Transfer pricing.
* UK Employment tax and VAT matters.
You will be qualified (ACA/ACCA/CTA) with a strong grounding in UK corporate tax issues including tax accounting, some international / European exposure would be helpful but is not absolutely essential. You must be self motivated, keen, enthusiastic and looking for a role where you have scope to plan your own workload and research areas - to make this role truly your own. You will be helped and supported in this of course - but the client is keen to only see those you are confident, wants to integrate into a commercial business and is not afraid to take on challenges.
It would be advantageous for candidates to have experience of Patent Box and RDEC claims, acquisition tax due diligence experience, previous use of Onesource corporation tax software and have touched upon UK Employment tax with some VAT knowledge.