Our client is one of the largest, independent, family-owned group of companies in the Gulf region, with diversified business activities ranging from Shipping, Travel, Machinery, Properties, Power, Oil & Gas to Logistics, Exhibition Services, Information Technology, Training and Retail.
Due to the introduction of VAT in the GCC countries in 2018 and the growth of business operations in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, our client is looking to hire a Group Indirect Tax Manager.
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax, the successful candidate will:
• Work collaboratively with the Group Head of Tax, managing and supporting the Group Indirect Tax function
• Manage VAT implementation strategies, playing a significant role in executing VAT compliance, planning and internal procedures, in accordance with GCC legislation and GCC VAT framework
• Identify tax risk areas and assist with administering VAT impact and readiness assessments
• Manage and provide support on all tax compliance, reporting and filing requirements for Group entities
• Assist in establishing appropriate tax systems and processes throughout the Group
You will be an experienced indirect tax professional, currently operating at Senior Manager or Director level for a reputable organisation, possessing the desire to be part of a new, in-house tax function. You will possess the following key characteristics:
• 6-8 years of dedicated indirect tax experience (minimum)
• Practical operational, implementation and advisory experience specifically in VAT
• Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance (or equivalent)
• Professional Tax Qualification (CTA / ADIT or equivalent) or Accountancy Qualification (ACCA or equivalent)
• Fluent in English