This high profile organisation is steeped in history and firmly located in the upper reaches of the FTSE100. It has an unrivalled portfolio of branded goods and operations in over 46 countries, employing over 77,000 employees worldwide.
With a medium sized Group Tax team and track record for developing FTSE Heads of Tax, you will enjoy a varied and exciting career building position. Furthermore, the level of commercial engagement is truly exceptional with the tax team firmly placed in the Mayfair Global headquarters.
As Group Tax Manager, your principal area of concern will be to lead the UK tax team of three. You will personally manage Group tax reporting, UK advisory projects and oversee the completion of UK tax compliance.
Key duties will include:
• Consolidation of group tax numbers for approx. 400 reporting units
• Preparation of all tax disclosures and narrative for consolidated accounts under IFRS
• Managing and forecasting the Group’s effective tax rate
• Maintaining the Group tax reporting pack
• Preparing deferred tax calculations including pensions, fixed assets, share schemes, reserves items and tax losses
• Review of UK corporation tax returns prepared by two direct reports
• Managing Group tax relief and capital gains schedules
• Build relationship with HMRC and lead responses to enquiries
• Review of CFCs
• Review of R&D claims
• Provide advice on M&A transactions including; tax due diligence, structure and financing
• Project work including implementation of Group structure reorganisations, dividend sourcing, and liquidation of dormant companies
• Recognising tax risk and opportunities, working closely with Head of Tax on strategic matters
• Identifying transfer pricing exposures, working closely with International Tax Manager to manage risk
• ACA qualified or equivalent
• Proven UK corporate tax background
• Leadership experience, either in-house or Big 4
• Strong tax accounting skills, with an interest in tax operations and technology
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Car allowance
• Discretionary bonus
• Prestigious offices in a prime Central London location
• Excellent pension scheme
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners