This globally recognised Investment dealer provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients in the United Kingdom.
Based in central London, this hugely successful investment dealer have a current need for a Head of Tax, Europe and Asia.
The Head of Tax, Europe and Asia will be responsible for managing the firms corporate tax matters including planning, compliance, reporting, strategy, governance and liaising with revenue authorities.
Reporting to the global, Head of Tax, this role is accountable for managing and oversight of all tax matters (excluding payroll and VAT/GST/commodity taxes) in the European and Asia Pacific regions where the firm operates.
* Management of tax reporting at quarter and year-end and representation, e.g., Tax Estimates Committee, quarter end tax diligence meeting, etc., in respect of entities in the above noted jurisdictions;
* Management of all tax compliance and correspondence with tax authorities, oversight of tax audit strategy and negotiation of tax audit settlements in respect of the above noted jurisdictions;
* Provision of transfer pricing support to the finance teams that support the above noted jurisdictions, and the Tax Services transfer pricing team, to enable those teams to ensure contemporaneous documentation is maintained for transactions and by identifying and providing recommendations in respect of transfer pricing matters; and
* Management of the tax analysis of transactions and business unit initiatives and the provision of advice in respect of same;
* Be a tax subject matter expert, and/or, as appropriate, engage and manage subject matter experts, in respect of the above noted jurisdictions and identify, develop, recommend and implement appropriate tax strategies and provide advice on all tax matters in these jurisdictions.
* Maintain strong working relationships with key contacts (finance, legal, compliance, regulatory reporting, business, etc.), external auditors, external tax advisors, as well as the tax authorities in each of the above noted jurisdictions.
- Leverage these relationships to ensure the Tax Services team is kept abreast, from an early stage, of any projects or matters that require tax input and/or action.
- Represent Tax Services at board meetings and committees, where appropriate/required.
- Ensure that relationships with external tax advisers yield the highest quality advice, based on a solid understanding of commercial, regulatory and other relevant drivers underpinning the business.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other areas responsible for tax matters. e.g., human resources and commodity taxes, develop a high-level understanding of the tax sensitivities in these areas and provide support when required.
- Independently manage and prioritize time, staff and advisors to provide agreed upon deliverables on time and on budget.
* Professional Designation (Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor) with relevant experience;
* 8+ years of proven income tax experience including tax accounting and tax compliance
* Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities/deadlines;
* Proven communication, negotiation and organizational skills. Able to clearly articulate messages both verbally and in writing, with excellent active listening skills;